Friday, February 4, 2011

Week Five Theme: Sporty!

Sporty Suzy
I had to mock the word just a little. Because, for me, the word "sporty" is an attribute people are usually trying to put on. It brings to my mind such images as a woman applying lipstick in the rear view of her red convertible, a tan blazer slung nonchalantly over a smiling man's shoulder, or a snow bunny putting on her lip balm mid-way down the slopes. Models. Sporty models. Someone very deliberately trying to look natural in his or her active and hip lifestyle. Also, the word feels somehow dated, and for me, that means The Seventies. And "Suzy Chapstick" is as sporty as they came back then. This photograph is to be a tribute to her, albeit a bit tongue 'n cheek. I am thankful to my friend who posed for this shot. She is genuinely active and hip and moreover gifted with an appreciable sense of humor.